Patio Pandimonium

Or . . . how much stuff can you stick and hang on a small patio?

patio july 2013 003

Miles Kimball finally had their summer sale – can’t you tell?

I’ll admit right up front, that the flowers, along the patio rail, are not real.  Yes, they are fake Azaleas!  My patio has no cover, it’s really hot and dry here in Texas. And because the clay pots are small, when I add water it creates steam and they baked my marigolds like a child’s Easy Bake Oven.

patio july 2013 side view

As you can see, the windsocks are blowing today.  Thank goodness! Because other wise, I would question if there were any breathable Oxygen in the atmosphere today!

fountain and new patio carpet

The chairs and table aren’t new.  Nor is Bunny (hiding on the table.)  And hang on to your horses, those ARE real plants!

The tan patio carpet (made from recyclable plastic) and the fountain are new.  As you can see from the square shadow grid on the patio floor, we have NO full cover over the patio.  And yes, this is a sore point for me!

first sunflower 2013

Here is my first Sunflower, of the year, just about to open.  Wave hello to the aphids who managed to photobomb my flora and fauna!

marigolds and iron stand

More fake flowers and very old plastic stacking chair, that I’m making a pillow for, cause there isn’t enough color and stuff happening in this tiny space :)   The Welcome Flower is new from Miles Kimball, they finally put it on sale!  And, the hanging copper Sun has happy memories.  Offspring bought that for me probably 10 years ago, for Mother’s Day, when we were at a Renaissance Faire.

new fountain

This is the fountain!  It has lights in the bowls that glow at night.  Kitty loves the fountain!  It’s a great place to stick your head!

hot sun

Now, if the thermometer will just drop below 102 degrees, I will sit outside and enjoy all my junk!

logo-miles-kimball-ps

8 comments for “Patio Pandimonium

1. bookandyarnaddict
    July 12, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I love it! Well, except for that one windsock, but everything else is cute! I love that fountain. You might get to sit out there around about September, maybe…

2. July 14, 2013 at 5:00 am

I thought you’d gone underground or something. Now I understand – it’s just too dang hot for your internet provider to work properly. I roasted in the garden today and the weatherman tried to tell me there was no humidity. He was so wrong.

• July 17, 2013 at 3:59 am

LOL – if I thought I could hide or get cooled off – I would literally go underground!!

3. July 15, 2013 at 5:44 pm

It looks great! I love the fountain – stay cool.

• July 17, 2013 at 4:00 am

Thanks, we like it too. Running water gives the impression that the humidity really isn’t as bad as the thermometer says it is.

4. July 15, 2013 at 10:54 pm

If it is you and you feel at home, nothing else matters. Enjoy your summer.

5. July 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Looked like fun and happy to see the red, white and blue in the breeze.

Oh, the twisted thoughts that spin round my head. Please share yours!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 464 other followers