A Spring and a Miss

spring lamb

Spring sprung and I missed it!  March 20th, 2013 was the vernal equinox and I forgot.

purple flowering tree

This is my one and only “spring” picture. It is a big tree with purple flowers.    I took it in San Antonio, while we were sitting in a parking lot because “someone” aka “the human GPS” aka “Beloved” couldn’t find our hotel.  Turns out, it was about a mile behind us.

blurr

Yep, that’sthehotelasweblewbyatwhoknowsatwhatspeed!

dark maze

I won’t even mention the 15 minute tour we took at midnight, through a maze of deserted commercial buildings, that ended with us “driving” over a curb and planter, in order to get back to our hotel.

baby bunny

Back on track, it’s Spring and everyone is delighted!  Happy baby bunny.  I’m trying to get excited about Spring, but it’s difficult when you don’t get Winter.  I’ve been in shorts and shoeless, for going on 3 years now!

fawn

But, I must admit, it’s difficult to remain anti-Springtime when I see precious pictures of the new life, that comes with this time of year.  For now, I will embrace, enjoy and espouse the beauty of the season!

Smelting in a Foundry

Because soon enough, being outdoors will once again take on the resemblance, of leisurely strolling through a foundry.

Kitty in a Box

Not exactly a “Springtime baby” but still, pretty darn cute!  And, responsible for all typos and grammatical errors, contained within this post.

15 comments for “A Spring and a Miss

1. March 22, 2013 at 1:36 am

Spring arrived along with sleet. It’s okay with me as winter is my favorite season. Love your pics.

• March 23, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Thank you. We had snow here 3 or 4 years ago, but that was the last real wintery weather. Soon it will be thunderstorms and tornadoes!

2. March 22, 2013 at 2:19 am

Glad you found your hotel. But why did spring start earlier in the calendar year this year?

• March 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I always thought the beginning of spring was a fixed date, March 21st. But, the first day of spring is based on the vernal equinox, when the tilt of the Earth is not towards or away from the Sun, making the length of day and night equal. It can vary between March 20th and the 21st. For some reason, I had the 21st stuck in my head. lol

• March 24, 2013 at 12:05 am

Yes, but it’s getting a bit earlier every year. It’s due to the precession of the equinoxes, the slight wobbling of the earth on its axis, a 25,000 year cycle. But I can’t picture or understand it exactly.

3. March 22, 2013 at 1:24 pm

The sweetness of the baby critters and the regal feline compensated for the “shorts and shoeless” thing. It’s been in the teens for the past two nights here. Careful what you wish for, chick ;) Great post, and a great message to find gratitude where you can. Thank you!

• March 23, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Always appreciate your comments :) I so just want to wear a sweater, not because it’s cute but because I’m actually feeling cold! Teens at night IS cold!!!

4. Sneezing Tiger
    March 22, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Welcome to Spring time!!
    Live Oaks bloom, sneeze my head off
    Claritin ahh choooo!

5. March 22, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Spring here means snow this weekend and severe storms the next. What a sweet cat!

• March 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Apparently a major storm is due this weekend!!! And thank you, he is a precious kitty :)

6. March 25, 2013 at 5:44 am

Who couldn’t love spring with pictures like that.

• March 25, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I’ve always wanted goats and sheep, just so I could watch them jump! :) It just makes you smile!

Oh, the twisted thoughts that spin round my head. Please share yours!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 465 other followers