I truly hope I am saying “Thank you very much for the Liebster Award!” My German is even worse than my Spanish and English – not necessarily in that order! My friend over at Peace, Love & Great Country Music was kind enough to pin a big ol’ Liebster on us! If you are a long time fan of country music – and I’m talking Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash – or if you are more in tune with the scene today, you will enjoy the read over at Peace, Love & Great Country Music. I can also relate to her “appreciation” of the band, Train. Sounds like it might just rival my Pearl Jam obsession!
As part of the award, I need to tell you 11 things about me – the rules don’t say they have to be interesting things – so here we go:
- I am a card carrying member of The Ten Club – named after Pearl Jam’s first album, Ten
- I belong to The Surfrider Foudation – a grassroots movement to save beaches and oceans
- I am a long time member of World Wildlife Fund – working to save all species from extinction
- Not surprisingly, I continue to be a supporter of Greenpeace – yep, the save the whale people
- I’m also a member of the Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Association – the CVSA works towards finding treatment and eventually a cure for those suffering from cyclic vomiting syndrome. It’s just what it sounds like – you go through uncontrolled bouts of throwing up.
- I was a supporter of “Free the West Memphis 3.” Fortunately, that campaign ended with victory when the courts realized their mistakes and released the WM3.
- One of my new favorite books is The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. Exposes how fine the line really is between good and evil!
- Another new favorite book is The Human Stain by Phillip Roth. Probably the greatest plot twist I’ve ever encountered!
- I think Kurt Vonnegut is brilliant!
- I struggle to not be afraid of everything! Over thinking consequences can be paralyzing.
- I STILL have a mad crush on Eddie Vedder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answers to 11 questions asked by Peace, Love & Great Country Music:
What is your favorite season?
We don’t really have seasons where I live, it’s either hell blasting hot or gawd awful cold. So, I’m going with gawd awful cold (aka winter).
Do you prefer a radio or television?
What appliance could you not live without?
Right now, it’s my Keurig Coffee Maker!
What is your favorite single out right now?
Wow, I looked at the Billboard top 100 and I only knew who 25% of the artists were. And of those 25% – I don’t really like any of their music. So, I’m going to go with my favorite single by a band that I know. I’m going to pick the single “Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns” released in 2011, from the album Pearl Jam 20.
You are stranded in an elevator. Who would you not want stuck in there with you and why?
Oh, geeze, the list is long and illustrious lol! I wouldn’t want anyone chatty or someone who couldn’t make a decision.
Would you rather be a bee or a bird?
Bird, definitely a bird. There’s numerous people I’d love to poop on (just kidding).
Do you prefer to rent a movie or go to the movies?
Netflix all the way!
What is your dream occupation?
Do something that would make a difference.
Do you prefer rain or snow?
Rain, I love the sound and smell.
What is your favorite quote?
“I have set my life upon a cast,
And I will stand the hazard of the die.” William Shakespeare, Richard III (V,iv)
“The world needs ditch diggers too.” Judge Smails, from the movie Caddyshack
“It’s an art to live with pain . . . mix the light into gray.” Eddie Vedder
If you could do one thing that you knew no one would ever find out about, what would you choose?
No clue. I was raised to be in such fear of doing wrong and having to deal with the consequences, that I can’t even imagine something. (pathetic)
My Nominations for Liebsters:
I need to ask each of these blogger 11 questions, for them to answer on their blog.
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Do you play video games? Farmville and Bashing Jewels count!
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
- Who is your favorite band/ solo performer?
- Which do you crave more, sugar or salt?
- Which do you most enjoy, Roses or Sunflowers?
- Mustard, Ketchup or Mayo?
- Will you be resetting your privacy settings for the new invasive Facebook Graph Search?
- What element are you most like: fire, earth, air or water?
- Pick a dessert: Cake or Pie?
Oops – forgot to post what you do when you get your Liebster (good grief – sorry about that!)
Display the award on your blog.
Somewhere in your post, add a link back to the person who gave you the award.
Tell readers 11 things about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions I made up for you.
Pass the Liebster on to 11 other blogs that you enjoy and would like other readers to experience.
Ask those 11 bloggers 11 questions to get to know them better.