Cat Box Catastrophe!

cat-litterbox

It’s one of the numerous joys experienced by each and every cat owner.  Yes, I speak of the odoriferous task known as scooping the litter box.

Our kitty, keeps his box in the guest bathroom.  We never have guests, so it’s a perfect location.

guest bath

See, it’s there, in the lower left hand corner.

And, yes, that is a large flip flop on my wall.  The bath is supposed to have an ocean/beach theme.

nanaseastarglassesgortons fisherman

Sort of like Seastar and El Capitán’s bathroom.  Only, they live by the ocean, so their decor makes more sense!

Anyway . . .

guest bath

Back to the task at hand.  Today, I wandered in to “use the facilities,” as one would delicately say.  I thought, why not kill two birds with one stone and see if Kitty had left any “presents”, in his box.  While still comfortably seated,  I lifted off the box cover, picked up the scoop (not pictured), dug around in the sand, and found  . . . just what I was looking for.

kitty box 012

“Go ahead.  Tell them what you did next, Einstein.”

Well, I thought I’d be really smart, scoop the box, hop up, quickly spin around and toss his “gifts” into the loo.  Unfortunately, the whole process went terribly awry.

pink

I think it was somewhere between the hopping and the spinning that I managed to throw the contents of the scoop everywhere!

Dust Storm

I had grains in my girdle, sand in my skivvies and litter in my lingerie!

kitty box 011

“And I was forced to take cover, until the crisis had passed.  The things I have to endure!”

32 comments for “Cat Box Catastrophe!

1. January 24, 2013 at 10:06 am

LOVE that face!!

2. January 24, 2013 at 10:17 am

Cute cat really–I like the last pic. Thanks for sharing this!

3. January 24, 2013 at 11:26 am

Oh, it is so lovely to have a puppy-dog who goes out-side to dispose of her waste… And it is so lovely to have a man about the house who has a habit of going about the yard with a shovel in hand to ‘clean-up’ said waste…
    However, I have had many a pussy-cat in the past, and hopefully more to come in the future… I will lovingly care for their waste, though hopefully not in the manner in which you describe here….
    This gave me such a chuckle…. :)
    What a gorgeous looking pussy-cat… ;)

• January 24, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Thank you, I’m usually a bit more “careful” when cleaning up after kitty! He is so beautiful and such a love! Thanks for the comment.

4. Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 2:52 pm

How could you not love that face? Love the El Capitan rubber ducky!
    Love, Seastar

5. January 24, 2013 at 5:01 pm

i feel like the dust is coming through the computer sceen.
    the look on kitty’s face is priceless.

6. January 24, 2013 at 5:03 pm

i forgot to say i love the octopus in sunglasses and the flip flop.

7. Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 9:06 pm

That is a rather “sexy” (dare I say!) starfish which is Nana Seastar in that picture!
    Love,THE Seastar

8. January 25, 2013 at 2:17 am

Those are such cute cat photos. What an adorable face. :-)

• February 1, 2013 at 6:54 am

Thank you! I so admire what you guys are doing, over on your page!!!

9. January 25, 2013 at 3:41 am

The situation–and the pictures!–were great, and I’m still laughing. Calla Lily, one of our last cats, used to let us know when she’d left a ‘gift’ in her litter box. She would kick it out onto the floor and bat it around like a soccer ball. On those occasions, I envied the friends who taught their cats to balance over the human toilet and then do their business. Seriously.
    It really worked. They didn’t use toilet paper or flush, but they did everything else.
    Of course no humans wanted to use their bathroom after that.
    There are trade-offs to everything, I guess…

10. January 25, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Dear friend, I’ve nominated your blog for The Liebster Award. If you’d like to receive it, here is the link: http://85degrees.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/one-more-award-to-the-list/

Happy Blogging! ;)

11. January 26, 2013 at 10:42 pm

This posting brought a smile to my heart.

12. Anonymous
    January 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm

From the number of comments this blog received we can’t guess who the most popular member of your family is! Superstar!
    Love,Seastar

13. January 31, 2013 at 12:43 am

Love this post!

14. January 31, 2013 at 9:01 am

thats horrible!

15. February 1, 2013 at 7:01 am

I really like your blog, and this post is hilarious, I had such a great laugh, made my day….will follow you now, this comic style posts of you are great and refreshing….

16. February 5, 2013 at 9:43 pm

As a cat lover I appreciated this funny post! Beautiful kitty! I found your lovely blog via Summer. And life can be a minefield – thanks for the reminder.

• February 6, 2013 at 5:27 am

Thank you, glad you found your way here and hope you are a frequent visitor!!!

Oh, the twisted thoughts that spin round my head. Please share yours!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 449 other followers